Ehhh, I'm terrible! My goal was to post at least 2 times per month... and now it's been 3 months without a single blog entry! I blame it on how busy I've been, but I'm not sure if that's a very good excuse.
Things have been going great and we have been very busy! Cadence has 7 days of school left before summer vacation, and has a lot of summer activities planned to stay busy. She will once again be attending All Aboard Daycare 3 days a week, and will be hanging out with Grandma on Fridays while I work. She will start softball this Sunday, 5/19, and is really looking forward to it. She also has Girl Scout camp in June, and I know she will have a lot of fun.
| Cadence running with Sadie. |
I have been very busy with work, and still enjoy it most days. =) I have a great schedule that allows me to get off work at 3 Mon-Weds so I will have a little time to enjoy the Spring/Summer weather. This weekend we will have a booth at the Cedar Valley Humane Society's Woof Walk, and I am very excited for it! I love being involved with anything that helps shelter/rescue animals. I have also kept busy with both rescues I volunteer for, taking on a microchip leader/coordinator position and helping with medication distribution for Little Paws and being a local events coordinator with RAGOM.
| Current RAGOM foster, Beau 12-163 |
We have been very anxiously awaiting the birth of my niece. She is due in ~ 10 days, but we are hoping to meet her sooner rather than later! I can't wait to hold her and know that she's here safe and healthy. I know it will be a very emotional time for my entire family. As excited as we are to see her, it also bring back a lot of painful memories. Clayton's 1st birthday is coming up and it has hit me a lot harder than I expected. I think of him every single day, and lately it's been really hard and I miss him more than ever.
On Mother's Day, we got the pool and fence put up so the dogs don't try to get in the pool. Cadence had to swim in it as it was filling, and it was COLD! With the hot weather we've been having, the pool water has warmed up quickly and I think it's probably warm enough for me to get in it now! Hopefully we'll have time this weekend to soak up some sun and play in the pool. Cadence made me some awesome garden ornaments for Mother's Day.
| Waking up to this is much better than breakfast in bed! |
I have gotten most of the way done with my gardening for the spring. I bought a few more flowers this week and need to plant them, but after that I think I'm done purchasing flowers. I still have to do a little more work in the front yard, add mulch to the south side of the house, and add more mulch to the back yard. With 2 big dogs (Sadie and our foster) in the yard, the grass is not looking the best. I'm very tempted to just put river rock in the entire back yard! "Clayton's garden" on the side of the house is looking very good, and our raspberries are growing like crazy. The peonies and poppies are in bloom right now, and I anxiously await for all of my lilies to bloom. I've put in a lot of time getting my garden to look like it does, and after a few years of hard work it finally is looking really good!
It's just as much fun taking pictures of all the beautiful things in my garden as it is working in my garden!
great blog! Even though I see you, I feel like I never really ask "how's life?" ha ha! I love you & I can't wait for you to hold your niece either!
ReplyDeleteXOXO-em